Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Murderers

It astounds me that in this day and age, people are as selfish and ignorant as they are. Let me make myself clear. I live my life eating no meat, no eggs, no fish, no milk, nor do I wear fur or leather. I won't so much as touch a fur coat or sit on leather seats. But once again, please don't misunderstand. I believe that God very much intended for us to partake of animals as a nutritious and necessity to life. But when I see the torture and abuse that happens at these "farms" I really don't think thats what God had in mind. We don't need mass-production of animal by-products, or especially, we do not need animal flesh to clothe ourselves.
And Im trying to understand why its still acceptable. In a time where knowledge is progressing our society at an unbelievable rate, and with our freedom to know things and choose how we live our lives; I just can't find any reason why this is an issue. For those of us who have dogs and cats, would you eat them? If its a matter of intelligence, people do your bloody research, reach an informed decision of your own and tell me that its justified. Because I'm tired of having to justify my life style. Not once have I tried to force vegan/vegatarianism on anyone. Because at least I have a bloody soul, and respect every living creature like they do as well. Go online to PETA or ALF watch the videos, read the reports. Watch the slowly dying animals, screeching and squirming, and tell me thats what God intended.
Everyone has to choose a side. If you know, but do nothing about it, then you share the blood on your hands with the men and women who inflict such ignorant barbarism.

2 comments:

proletarius said...

Word.

Too bad there are kitties with AIDS in the basement. :(

Ms. Disaster said...

Haha don't let AJ tell you that. He lies. Haha